International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation
Information for International Students
We welcome international students to the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. If you have been admitted to UCCS, your next step is to complete the following two events. These events are designed to enhance your academic, social, and professional transition to UCCS. All international students are required to complete both pre-arrival international online orientation and the International Welcome and Orientation Week (i-WOW).
Event 1: International Online Orientation (Pre-arrival Orientation)
All international students are required to complete the international online orientation through Canvas. This international online orientation is designed to help students understand the enrollment steps at UCCS. We also included pre-arrival information such as VISA tips, course registration, and campus resources. Undergraduate, degree-seeking students will be contacted by their academic advisor upon successful completion of the international online orientation.
Online International Instructions
Step #1: Claim your UCCS account (claim your UCCS username and set your password).
1. Find your UCCS Student ID number (SID). If you do not know this number, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please provide your first name, last name, and date of birth.
2. Once you have your number, click here and select Claim Your Account.
3. Follow the instructions to claim your UCCS username and set your password. Contact the UCCS I.T. Helpdesk at email@example.com if you encounter a problem claiming your account. Please note that it may take one full business day after your online orientation request is received before you can claim your account.
Step #2: Complete the international online orientation using your UCCS email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. Register for international online orientation by clicking here.
A few videos in the international online orientation program may require you to provide your UCCS username or UCCS email address and password before the videos will open.
Step #3: Schedule & Attend a Virtual Class Registration Appointment
- During this individual virtual appointment, our team will guide you through registering for classes following your academic advisor's recommendations.
- On March 15h, you will receive an emailed link to schedule a class registration appointment.
- Appointments will be offered beginning Monday, April 19th and will be available Monday-Fridays 8am-8pm MT.
Please review the enrollment steps for international students by clicking here.
Event 2: International Welcome and Orientation Week (i-WOW)
Our i-WOW is mandatory for all F-1 and J-1 new international students and open to students on any temporary visa types. It is a special event designed to provide you with information and tools necessary to navigate your new home as smoothly as possible. This is an exciting week of events, but the first-day sessions are mandatory for all F-1 and J-1 (students on other visa types are highly encouraged to participate).
• If you are admitted for the Fall 2021 semester, please plan your arrival date prior to Wednesday, August 18th, 2021
*We suggest that all international students arrive in Colorado Springs one day prior to the i-WOW date. Details for the i-WOW will be communicated to you via email.